Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-02 18:01:23
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:42:07 -0700

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 05:06:37PM -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> *You* are the only one who can really identify the problem.  Are you using
> server-side or client-side estimates?  If the latter, look at the
> sendsize*debug for the 53GB dump to see what amanda thought the size would
> be at estimate time.

It knew the size would be 53gb.

> > Nice approach.
>
> When you come in with the attitude you are, expect nothing else.

Let me get this right.

1. Ignore 7 years of people telling you this doesn't work.
2. Ignore repeated good-faith attempts to fix the system
3. Then blame the messenger when repeatable bugs are found.

Who exactly has the attitude problem?  After years of trying in good faith
to get these problems fixed, one learns that a million polite words get
nowhere with the current maintainers.

--
Joe Rhett
senior geek