Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-01 13:44:56
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:15:54 -0700
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:42:37PM -0400, Lengyel, Florian wrote:
> Ah, not splitting the DLE is retarded. The whining is a most productive use
> of bandwidth, however. I'd like to see a discussion of the code with the
> purported error. That would have some intellectual (as opposed to emotional)
> content

I have gone that route many times over the last four years.  One gets tired
of finding and fixing a code problem, and then releasing the patch with
every new update that comes out, and then mailing it off to everyone who
reports the same problem.

So one learns that reading the code and fixing the problem is not
appreciated by the amanda maintainers, and thus one is left with the only
way to get a fix implemented is to get them to fix it themselves.

--
Joe Rhett
senior geek