Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-01 13:12:28
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:51:15 -0700

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:22:53PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> What's the saying?
>     "If you keep doing what you've been doing
>      you'll keep getting what you've been getting!"
>
> You know you have a DLE that is too big to tape and that amanda
> does not handle it well.  Isn't it time to stop wasting time
> and tape and split the DLE?

Ah, I'm sorry!  I should not assume that amanda can do it's own math.  I
must sit down with a calculator every night and do my own estimates and
make this all work?

Jon, this is a fairly serious problem with amanda.  Why are you blaming the
reporter instead of trying to fix the problem?  You haven't even attempted
to identify the problem, you're just being busy shooting the messenger.

Nice approach.

--
Joe Rhett
senior geek