Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-01 13:43:32
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:14:16 -0400
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 09:51:15AM -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:46:36PM -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
> > > Yeah, I didn't need those tapes for anything else.  Let's just waste 12
> > > hours and 3 tapes doing absolutely NOTHING.
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:22:53PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > What's the saying?
> >     "If you keep doing what you've been doing
> >      you'll keep getting what you've been getting!"
> >
> > You know you have a DLE that is too big to tape and that amanda
> > does not handle it well.  Isn't it time to stop wasting time
> > and tape and split the DLE?
>
> Ah, I'm sorry!  I should not assume that amanda can do it's own math.  I
> must sit down with a calculator every night and do my own estimates and
> make this all work?
>
> Jon, this is a fairly serious problem with amanda.  Why are you blaming the
> reporter instead of trying to fix the problem?

No, I was commenting on the futility of trying again something that failed
once unexpectedly, you knew it was going to fail again, and have known from
5 years of amanda experience that that particular situation would always fail.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)