Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-02 18:01:15
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:52:45 -0700
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 01:14:16PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> No, I was commenting on the futility of trying again something that failed
> once unexpectedly, you knew it was going to fail again, and have known from
> 5 years of amanda experience that that particular situation would always fail.

Perhaps I am missing your point.  Should I be going around and making sure
of amanda's dependancies?

Or just maybe, perhaps, you could patch amanda to check for sanity in what
it is attempting to do?

I would offer a patch, but every patch I've offered in the past has been
ignored.  Back when I did have a good attitude about this project, and
thought it was really good.

--
Joe Rhett
senior geek