Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-09-01 15:18:45
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq AT spacepants DOT org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:13:05 -0700
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 09:46:43AM +1000, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
> There's a patch from John Stange that I don't believe has been committed to
> CVS, but it takes care of splitting dumps and spanning tapes.  Grep for it
> on the amanda-hackers list.  Doesn't fix #2, but should take care of #1 for
> you.

Because it's a patch that's been floating around for 2+ years and isn't
being accepted into the mainline code for reasons unknown.  Support for
amanda is really only done by like 2 people, and applying this patch would
make it just John, and there are many things John doesn't know or can't do.

The things about backups is that they aren't a place to play games.

I do have a test backup system, but it's focused on software that does
recognize EOT and deal with it appropriately...

--
Joe Rhett
senior geek