Amanda-Users

Calendaring, was: Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?

2004-05-26 12:39:49
Subject: Calendaring, was: Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?
From: Toni Mueller <support-amanda AT oeko DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:36:47 +0200
Hi Paul,

On Wed, 26.05.2004 at 18:16:08 +0200, Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation
DOT com> wrote:
> Toni Mueller wrote:
> >If you really want to make use of those shared calendars or other
> >groupware functionality, you'd have to use add-on or even custom
> >programs for Outlook and Exchange that - in my case - turned out to be
> >non-portable across various versions of Outlook and costing
> >_considerably_more_money_ than the Exchange server itself.
> A few years ago, my manager wanted to switch from unix mail to Exchange
> just because of the calendar feature.   (That's what managers are for!)

yes, I know...

> I found this great package just before killing myself:
>
> http://www.math.utexas.edu/users/mzou/webCal/index.html
>
> We're still using it.

Thanks for the link (I guess I came across this one before). The thing
is that you sometimes have to work with people who are really computer
illiterate, and also want some "workflow" stuff...

FWIW, we're currently looking at OpenGroupware for this purpose.

Best,
--Toni++