Amanda-Users

Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?

2004-05-26 18:17:23
Subject: Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?
From: Toni Mueller <support-amanda AT oeko DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 00:13:40 +0200
Just for the record, and please, let's discuss MTAs on other lists...

On Wed, 26.05.2004 at 16:21:10 -0400, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT
net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2004 12:14, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> >We are talking about ~25 users here, BTW ..

If you have some kind of *nix box, be sure to get at least a P1-133 for
this kind of task... you get the idea.

> qmail can do that in its sleep, and scales to very large numbers of
> accounts just fine.  It also has some decent spam filters that can be

These are not included in the original package. qmail is for people who
half know how to use "patch" and say "make", but in my experience
usually > 99.9% maintenance free after setting up.

> Anything M$ related *can* be a time bomb.  OTOH, a well written app

 8-))

> can run for the 46+ days it takes the tick counter in W95 to roll
> over, killing the machine as it does.  But then that SW (a tv

LOL - I didn't know that one...

Best,
--Toni++