Amanda-Users

Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?

2004-05-26 12:19:32
Subject: Re: What to do with those MS Exchange Servers?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:16:08 +0200
Toni Mueller wrote:

If you really want to make use of those shared calendars or other
groupware functionality, you'd have to use add-on or even custom
programs for Outlook and Exchange that - in my case - turned out to be
non-portable across various versions of Outlook and costing
_considerably_more_money_ than the Exchange server itself.

A few years ago, my manager wanted to switch from unix mail to Exchange
just because of the calendar feature.   (That's what managers are for!)

I found this great package just before killing myself:

http://www.math.utexas.edu/users/mzou/webCal/index.html

We're still using it.