Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup

2010-05-12 00:53:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:51:42 -0700

The "system state" in Windows 2008 is really the whole C: drive plus a little
extra information (I assume, boot sectors or the like).

So when you do this system state backup, you are basically backing up drive C:
to itself. That is why it is disabled by default.

Secondly, backing up to a drive letter or a network share is really not a good
idea. EVERY backup will be a full backup. When you let Windows use a dedicated
backup hard disk, Windows Backup will only back up changes after the first full
backup. IOW, every backup except the first is incremental.

That is why the schedule backup does not support backing up to directories.