Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup

2010-05-11 05:17:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:15:26 +0200
On Tue, 11 May 2010 01:51:52 +0200, James Harper
<james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au> wrote:

> With full VSS support, VSS defines the files that make up the system
> state backup - it's a flag on the writer. Bacula handles junction
> points perfectly.

Does this also go for W2K3 now, i.e. is this a feature of Bacula 5.x, or
of W2K8?

At least I haven't succeeded in backing up junction points properly under
W2K3 yet (e.g. .net dirs), they are backed up as physical files and on a
restore replace junction points (and therefore probably break stuff on an
update). My understanding so far was that it's best to manually reinstall
.net (and any other similar stuff) for this reason.