Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup

2010-05-11 09:49:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:47:18 +0200
On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:30:09 +0200, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT
com>
wrote:

> You might want to consider having two backups, for different purposes.
> Use a Windows full backup for disaster recovery and Full+Incremental
> Bacula backups for per-file recovery.

We already have ADS for disaster recovery for W2K3, if it also supports
W2K8 it would be a better idea. Or just plain dd as far as I'm concerned :)

The point is to integrate this into the regular Bacula framework and
schedules, so I either need something like ntbackup which extends Bacula
in just the right way or something that can completely replace it.

If it's just not possible for W2K8 maybe a different backup product is a
better solution.