Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 5.0.2 status of Restore jobs & bytes read

2010-05-10 17:11:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] 5.0.2 status of Restore jobs & bytes read
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:07:56 -0700

Hello all,

I can't say this with certainty, but I've believe I've been experiencing
a new oddity with bacula ever since I upgraded from 3.X to 5.X.

After launching a restore job, the status of the job via bconsole is
always "is waiting on <Storage Device>".  This continues on long past
the loading and forwarding of tapes until job completion.  I could swear
that there used to be more granular status messages, if only that it
switched to "running" when not sending mtx commands.

Am I mistaken?

Also a status of the Storage Daemon does not display bytes out for a
Restore job the way it does bytes in for a Backup job.  I don't know if
this is how it's always been or not, but seems like a bytes read back
out would be pretty handy to have.

thanks!!!
Stephen
--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760