Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup

2010-05-12 06:23:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:20:45 +0200
On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:59:32 +0200, Koldo Santisteban
<ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Foo, could you explain wich product is "ADS"??  is open source?

It stands for Automated Desployment Service (and by now has been replaced
by WDS, where W=Windows), you should be able to download it somewhere off
the M$ site.

It's not open source of course but was free to download/use, last I heard.
There are probably other solutions, this was implemented by a Windows
oriented colleague so I don't know that much about it. It basically uses a
DHCP server and PXE for an initial loader which then downloads
pre-prepared images that can be scripted for various installations (so you
might have a base W2K3 install which asks whether you want to make it a db
or webserver).