BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Fedora 26 backup pc package missing configure.pl?

2017-05-13 18:57:35
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Fedora 26 backup pc package missing configure.pl?
From: "Robert Katz" <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 19:56:51 -0300
Guys

I installed backuppc into my Fedora 26 using, simply "dnf install BackupPC"

I found that the main files have been placed in /etc/BackupPC/

So I started working my way through editing config.pl (after making a
backup, of course). At some point I learned that it is not a good idea to
change the topdir location without adding some kind of symbolic link
(which I did not want to do) or re-running configure.pl (the install
script).

So I searched for configure.pl and could not find it anywhere on my
system. Maybe it's no longer necessary? But rerunning the install says
"nothing to do" so I guess configure.pl is still necessary.

So I downloaded the source for configure.pl from an online repository and
tried to run it, but it said "You need to run makeDist first to create a
tarball release that includes an updated configure.pl.  After you unpack
the tarball, run configure.pl from there." And I knew I was in over my
head.

So I'll continue editing config.pl, but would like to know how to run
configure.pl to keep the app in sync with the master variables when I
change them. If that's what I have to do  ;-).

Thanks,

Bob