BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Need script linux-backuppc

2017-05-11 12:12:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Need script linux-backuppc
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 11:11:58 -0500
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com> wrote:
On 5/9/17 9:37 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
What version are you running? 5  / 6 / 7?

I finally figured out, Richard you are asking me about my Redhat version! Well, it reports as Fedora 25 so I'm not sure which Redhat but maybe that information helps you! Today I'm trying to implement COPR, etc. in order to install backuppc properly on this machine.

Bob, I was trying to say it a bit more tongue-in-cheek but I guess I should have been more direct. Redhat has a desktop / workstation OS does not exist and has not for many years. Fedora is not Redhat. If you use the term "Redhat" people are going to assume, as I did, that you're talking about RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) server software.

They do sponsor Fedora and provide infrastructure, but it's community driven.

Thanks,
Richard