BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC 4.1.1 calculate Pools size?

2017-05-13 19:32:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC 4.1.1 calculate Pools size?
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 16:31:29 -0700
I just pushed a change to BackupPC_nightly that removes any orphan temp write pool files.

Craig

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
Yes, you're right.

Looks like they got left over from an abnormal backup exit.  I need to add some code that cleans up any that remain after the backup.

It's certainly safe to remove them (assuming they are hours/days old).  If you want to be really sure, the first integer is the pid of the process that created them, in this case 19524.  You could confirm that process no longer exists before deleting them.

Craig