BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.

2015-09-23 00:16:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: gayleard AT eircom DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 23:15:01 -0500
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2015 14:30:34 Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Brad Alexander <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
>> wrote:
>
>> I didn't mean there was a problem running 2.4, just that if you put
>> 'Require Local'
>> which I believe was in the other config posted, clients other than
>> from the same host as the server will be denied access.
>>   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authz_host.html
>

> I don't understand why there is the double restriction
>   Allow from
> and
>   Require
> in /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf
>
> Both seem to me to have much the same effect.

The comments in the chunk as posted made it pretty clear that one part
was for Apache 2.2 and one for 2.4.

   <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
   # Apache 2.4
   <RequireAll>
  ## Require valid-user
   Require all granted
   <RequireAny>
   Require local
   </RequireAny>
   </RequireAll>
  </IfModule>
  <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
   # Apache 2.2
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
  ## allow from 127.0.0.1
  allow from all
  ## allow from ::1
  ## require valid-user
   require all granted
  </IfModule>

I assume that is to let the same config work with either version with
the default restriction to localhost.   But if you want to allow
access from remote clients you have to edit the part that matches your
system (inside the right IfModule block).