BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.

2015-09-21 17:15:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 21:39:02 +0100
On Monday 21 September 2015 12:11:39 Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:

> Regarding my permissions issue. I have really begun to think that CentOS
> 7 is a little too new for this particular installation.

I'm not sure what this means - you seem to have installed BackupPC OK.

> I am still
> learning about selinux and it's benefits but, I do not have time to wait
> much longer.

Do you actually have selinux in enforcing mode?
If so, I would have thought it would be sensible to turn it to permissive,
until the BackupPC problem is solved.

> So I have decided to start again with CentOS 6.7.

I'm reasonably certain if you applied all the suggestions that have been made
(and turned off selinux temporarily) your problem would have been solved.

I had much the same problems as you getting BackupPC running.

> I need
> this machine to be backing up.

In my experience BackupPC is very good indeed once it is set up.
But it is also rather difficult to set up, in both CentOS 6 and 7.
in my experience.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net