BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2012-04-22 15:22:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:21:47 +0200
On Sunday 22 April 2012 09:04:06 Gary Roach wrote:
> I think we are going a bit astray here. I have two other computers that
> need backup but am not talking about them because it is useless until I
> can get localhost to work. I don't want to be using two different
> methods. I think I am fighting a security issue at this point. I'm still
> working on the problem.

Why?

Why do you want to backup all hosts with the same method? Do you also try to
backup windows machines with rsync(d)?
Use the best tool available for the job! When the backup is local, run local
rsync (with sudo to get rights). When the backup is a remote machine, use
ssh+rsync. When the remote machine is win, use smb... Or use tar if you like
that better...

Arnold