BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2012-04-20 01:34:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 00:33:00 -0500
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Gary Roach <gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:

>> Did you set the XferMethod in the global config or per-host?  By
>> editing the files or with web interface?
>>

> I originally set the XferMethod in the global config file. I just
> rechecked it and it is set to rsyncd ('rsyncd' to be exact). I have no
> per host config files at this point and probably won't need them. Right
> now I am just trying to get localhost to backup

Does it show up the way you expect in the web interface under "edit
config", then "Xfer"?  I think you have some basic error in the config
if it is using tar instead and it might work better to use the web
interface for changes.