BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2012-04-20 12:53:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:51:51 -0500
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Gary Roach <gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:

> It shows up as rsyncd (on the drop down menu) in the web interface also. I
> have been using the web interface after the initial setup. I have attached
> two screen shots of the Xfer web page. Note: I turned off the rsync security
> temporarily to avoid any problems with passwords. I hope this helps.

Those look like the same screens.  Does the per host xfer screen also
show rsyncd?

When you are using rsyncd, your  RsyncShareName(s) should be the
'module' names that the remote rsync daemon is configured to share,
not the path names.

And if it is working, your xferlog should start something like:

File /var/lib/BackupPC//pc/fileshare-new/XferLOG.133.z
Contents of file /var/lib/BackupPC//pc/fileshare-new/XferLOG.133.z,
modified 2012-04-13 21:20:59
full backup started for directory TCROOT (baseline backup #132)
Connected to 172.24.18.25:873, remote version 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Connected to module TCROOT
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive
--one-file-system --ignore-times . .
Sent exclude: /var/spool/squid

There shouldn't be anything about tar in there.