BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2012-04-22 12:06:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Gary Roach <gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:04:06 -0700
On 04/22/2012 07:25 AM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Saturday 21 April 2012 16:15:51 Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Gary Roach<gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT
>> net>  >  >
>>
> Any help will be appreciated!!!!
>
>> Personally I just use rsync over ssh for localhost connections just
>> like any other linux target so it isn't a special case.   But I use
>> rsyncd on windows and it should work too.   You just need to run the
>> daemon as a user with sufficient access, connect as an allowed user
>> with the right password, and not send any extraneous text first.
>>
> Personally I use sudo, rsync and a correct sudoers-file to allow backuppc to
> run rsync directly without ssh on localhost backups. Rather easy to set up, no
> unwanted encryption involved and no cpu-cycles spent unnecessarily.
>
> Arnold

I think we are going a bit astray here. I have two other computers that
need backup but am not talking about them because it is useless until I
can get localhost to work. I don't want to be using two different
methods. I think I am fighting a security issue at this point. I'm still
working on the problem.

Gary R.