BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2012-04-20 20:25:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Gary Roach <gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:22:45 -0700
On 04/20/2012 12:03 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
On 04/20/2012 09:51 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Gary Roach<gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>  wrote:

It shows up as rsyncd (on the drop down menu) in the web interface also. I
have been using the web interface after the initial setup. I have attached
two screen shots of the Xfer web page. Note: I turned off the rsync security
temporarily to avoid any problems with passwords. I hope this helps.

Those look like the same screens.  Does the per host xfer screen also
show rsyncd?

When you are using rsyncd, your  RsyncShareName(s) should be the
'module' names that the remote rsync daemon is configured to share,
not the path names.

You were right. The localhost Xfer method was set to tar. This fixed
part of the problem. I am still working on the rest of your suggestions
and will report when done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Gary R.

Still having what looks like permission problems. I changed RsyncShareName to backuppc_setup which is the name of the module in rsyncd.conf. I now get:

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/localhost/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2012-04-20 16:57:34 (Extracting only Errors)

full backup started for directory backuppc_setup
Error connecting to rsync daemon at localhost:873: inet connect: Connection refused
Got fatal error during xfer (inet connect: Connection refused)
Backup aborted (inet connect: Connection refused)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

The rsyncd.conf file is as follows:

#rsync daemon configuuration file
    motd file = /etc/rsyncd.motd
    log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
    pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
    lock file = /var/run/rsync.lock

    [backuppc_setup]
       path = /
       comment = My Very Own Rsync Server
       uid = nobody
       gid = nogroup
       read _only_ = no
       list = yes
#       auth users = backuppc, gary, root, diane
#       secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.scrt