Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-17 12:58:25
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:51:05 -0500
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
wrote:
> You should in this case also define "disttag" and "distver" to some kind
> of default value, because if not set the RPM naming will be some kind of
> weird. (As far as I can understand the spec file some lines below.

The idea is to die not-so-gracefully in this situation, for the reason
you describe.  Dan just committed some updated code to accomplish just
this; see

http://github.com/nikolasco/amanda/blob/3b03d785afee2379b55d7985e204b00da3c21af1/packaging/rpm/amanda.spec#L146

If you know a better way to cause RPM parsing to abort, let us know.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com