Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-23 13:40:14
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Mario Silva Borrego <mario.silva AT nmcourts DOT gov>
To: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>, amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:27:30 -0700
Charles:

I did update my PC to OpenSuse 11.1 x64

Will still work for you in x64 bit support?

If not, let me know I will install a virtual box with OpenSuse 11.1 x32 bit support and I will built for you the RPMs files, I'll be glad to help you

mario

Charles Stroom wrote:
Hi Mario,

That would be very much appreciated.

I tried to follow the suggestion of Ingo with rmpbuild, but the only
source rpm I could find, was the amanda-2.6.0p2-1.noarch.src.rpm, and
that failed miserably to build. Other source rpms seem to be
distribution specific (fc, etc.), so I did not try, and I could not
find a Suse RPM source.

Your RPM would follow the Suse specifics (such as an "amandabackup"
user), I suppose?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:42:58 -0700