Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-16 16:46:01
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:07:42 -0500
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
wrote:
> No, that is not the point.
>
> _vendor is defined, but none of the three cases is the right one, so
> dist will not be defined.

Shows the limited extent of my rpm-fu :)

> I've attached a new version of the spec file with this little bit merged
> in.

Awesome - thanks!  It turns out that same snippet is in trunk, but to
support sles11, which is currently in beta and apparently using the
opensuse11 rpm install.  Confusing!

I propose adapting the RPM with the following snippet.  Can you let me
know what you think?  I'll test it out on our systems, and get dan's
review, before committing.

Dustin

# Detect Suse variants.  Suse gives us some nice macros in their rpms
%if %{_vendor} == "suse"
    %define dist SuSE
    %if %{sles_version} == 0
        %define disttag suse
        %if %{suse_version} == 910
            %define distver 9
        %endif
        %if %{suse_version} == 1000
            %define distver 10
        %endif
        %if %{suse_version} == 1010
            %define distver 10
        %endif
        # Written against SLES11-beta2, which is using SUSE11's rpm system.
        # This will change when they release, I assume.
        %if %{suse_version} == 1100
            # assume it's sles11 in disguise, for now
            %define disttag sles
            %define distver 11
        %endif
    %else
        %define disttag sles
        # sles versions are simple integers, just like we want
        %define distver %{sles_version}
    %endif

    # If dist is undefined, we didn't detect.
    %{!?dist:%define dist unknown}
%endif

--
Storage Software Engineer