Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-13 19:19:20
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 22:27:09 +0100
Hello Charles,
Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 17:35 +0100 schrieb Charles Stroom:

> I tried to follow the suggestion of Ingo with rmpbuild, but the only
> source rpm I could find, was the amanda-2.6.0p2-1.noarch.src.rpm, and
> that failed miserably to build.

Why did it fail to build.

I would assume, that you don't have the filled all requirements for it
to build.

Quoting the spec-File:
> BuildRequires: autoconf
> BuildRequires: automake
> BuildRequires: binutils
> BuildRequires: bison
> BuildRequires: flex
> BuildRequires: gcc
> BuildRequires: glibc >= 2.2.0
> BuildRequires: readline
> BuildRequires: curl >= 7.10.0

One of this packages was not there. The error message from rpmbuild
would say more.

> Your RPM would follow the Suse specifics (such as an "amandabackup"
> user), I suppose?

This is not Suse specific. The zmanda provided RPMs have this user
setting even if used on other platforms. (At least according to the
spec-file)

Unfortunately I don't have an opensuse 11.1 around, so I can't build you
a version for this system.

Regards,
Ingo