Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-14 15:01:52
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Ingo Schaefer <ingo AT ingo-schaefer DOT de>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:39:35 +0100
Hello Dustin,
Hello all,
Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 19:33 -0500 schrieb Dustin J. Mitchell:

> I talked briefly with Dan, our packaging expert.  We (Zmanda) don't
> build for OpenSUSE, but the source RPM should, at worst, just need a
> few tweaks to get it working.  We'd be happy to commit such tweaks if
> we get a patch.  Aside from the requirements Ingo mentions, this could
> be due to a problem in the system version detection conditionals near
> the top.  These should be fairly easy to fix.

From the error messages I've seen in Charles' log, I would assume that
the tag "dist" is not defined, if the rpmbuild is running on openSUSE
11.1

As I don't have an opensuse 11.1 here, I can't find out what
suse_version would be there.

Charles, could you post what the macro %suse_version is set to in
/usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros
on your system?

@Dan: there is also a macro %sles_version defined there - maybe this
could clean up the spec file a bit?