Amanda-Users

Fw: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-18 14:34:16
Subject: Fw: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>
To: amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:23:23 +0100
Hi all,

after adaptation of the configuration files, I have, at this very
moment, my first amdump running on 11.1.  I noticed a small point (but
I am not even sure this is a point!), that the xinetd entry
of /usr/libexec/amanda/amandad is not enabled by default.

Two other entries are in the xinetd list, as maintained by yast2:
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd and /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped, but these are
not installed, at least not in the /usr/lib/amanda directory. These 2
programs are in /usr/libexec/amanda.  They aer not enabled, so I guess
retrieval from tape will create problems(?)

Another small point is that amstatus gives an error:
"
fiume:~> amstatus  daily_11.1
Using /var/log/amanda/daily_11.1/amdump
From Sun Jan 18 17:01:02 CET 2009

Insecure dependency in printf while running with -T switch
at /usr/sbin/amstatus line 1016.
"
I will let you know if amdump terminates normally and if there are any
additional problems.

Regards,

Charles

Begin forwarded message: