Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-14 12:09:37
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:07:12 +0100
I was too hasty but I have also little experience.  Anyhow, I followed
Ingo's list of required packages and installed all the missing ones.
However that did not seemed to be the problem (yet).  There is something
with pkgconfig not in order, but pkgconfig is installed.  The build, as
root:

fiume: # rpmbuild --rebuild amanda-2.6.0p2-1.noarch.src.rpm
Installing amanda-2.6.0p2-1.noarch.src.rpm
warning: user buildslave does not exist - using root
warning: group buildslave does not exist - using root
warning: user buildslave does not exist - using root
warning: group buildslave does not exist - using root
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/share/pkgconfigerror:
parse error in expression
error: /usr/src/packages/SPECS/amanda.spec:113: parseExpressionBoolean
returns -1
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)

I think the line with PKG_CONFIG_PATH should have had a newline before
"error:", because I checked $PKG_CONFIG_PATH for root:

fiume: # set | grep PKG
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/share/pkgconfig

and both directories are empty:

fiume: # ll /opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig
total 0
fiume: # ll /opt/gnome/share/pkgconfig
total 0

Should I specify PKG_CONFIG_PATH, or do I need to install something
from gnome and, if so, what?

Many thanks for your replies so far.

Charles