Amanda-Users

Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1

2009-01-15 12:47:19
Subject: Re: RPM files for openSUSE 11.1
From: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:31:30 +0100
Hi all,

Julian's email reminded me to check the Build Service archive, and there
I found amanda-2.6.0.2-2.1.src.rpm, apparently for o-suse 11.1.  I
decided to do a rmpbuild on that file, and it worked until the end and
created 3 rpm's:
- amanda-2.6.0.2-2.1.i586.rpm
- amanda-backup_client-2.6.0.2-2.1.i586.rpm
- amanda-backup_server-2.6.0.2-2.1.i586.rpm
in the /usr/src/packages/RPMs/i586 directory.
Actually, there were also binary rpms for this amanda version, but these
are very much different in size compared with my generated files.

Installation of my backup-server rpm was also ok, except that it did
all of this under a created user "amanda" and not "amandabackup".
Apart from changing all files manually, is there a way to create binary
rpms with generate "amandabackup" user?

But I cannot make sense of Julian's last para's: that is beyond my
capabilities.

Regards,

Charles