Amanda-Users

Re: gtar version

2007-05-18 16:33:18
Subject: Re: gtar version
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:30:43 -0500
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 02:46:21PM -0500, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> I'm not entirely clear on your situation, but I *think* that you should
> be able to add a link, named 'gtar' (not GNUTAR), from any directory in
> $PATH to the GNU tar binary, e.g.,
>  # ln -s /usr/bin/gtar /usr/local/bin/tar
> (assuming that the sunfreeware package installed the binary at
> /usr/local/bin/tar).

Sorry to self-reply.

Amanda looks for 'tar', not 'gtar', if it doesn't find GNU tar at
configure time.  That means that you need to find a way for Amanda to
discover GNU tar as 'tar' in its PATH, without interfering with any
applications that expect Solaris 'tar' in their PATH.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.