Amanda-Users

Re: gtar version

2007-05-18 15:32:14
Subject: Re: gtar version
From: dustin AT zmanda DOT com
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:29:06 -0500
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 02:52:50PM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 01:47:47PM -0500, dustin AT zmanda DOT com wrote:
> > On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 02:32:13PM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, hate to ask this, but one of my DLE's has outgrown the
> > > tape drive and I want to divide it into multiple TAR-DLE entries
> > > but I'm having trouble finding an installable version of gtar
> > > that is a correct version for Amanda and my OS.
> > >
> > > I'm running Solaris 9 and believe that I should use one of
> > > gtar  1.13.19, 1.13.25, 1.15.1 per
> >
> > The 1.15 series is preferred; see
> >   http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation#Dependencies
>
> Newer being better, but is there a binary available that I can
> install on my Solaris 9 system, if so, where can I download it from ?

Hopefully some of the Solaris folks around here can speak up (Chris?
Peter?).  AFAIK, sunfreeware.com is the place to go.  They only list
1.16 on the front page, but a look at
 ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/9/
shows:
  tar-1.13.19-sol9-sparc-local.gz
  tar-1.13.94-sol9-sparc-local.gz
  tar-1.14-sol9-sparc-local.gz
  tar-1.15.1-sol9-sparc-local.gz
  tar-1.16-sol9-sparc-local.gz

so perhaps one those will do the trick for you?

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.