Amanda-Users

Re: gtar version

2007-05-18 15:49:46
Subject: Re: gtar version
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:46:21 -0500
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:32:59PM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> Thank you, that is what I needed, I hit the web page and as you said,
> found only 1.16, the 1.15.1 should do the trick for sure.
>
> Apparently the amanda binary I'm using didn't have GNUTAR defined,
> I'm trying to put a binary on the amanda user's path so its found
> anyway, even without a proper variable definition.
>
> Linking (# ln -s)  GNUTAR to the binary will do the job ?
> In what directory should I put the GNUTAR link ?

I'm not entirely clear on your situation, but I *think* that you should
be able to add a link, named 'gtar' (not GNUTAR), from any directory in
$PATH to the GNU tar binary, e.g.,
 # ln -s /usr/bin/gtar /usr/local/bin/tar
(assuming that the sunfreeware package installed the binary at
/usr/local/bin/tar).

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell