Amanda-Users

Re: gtar version

2007-05-18 16:17:53
Subject: Re: gtar version
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Christopher McCrory <chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:06:28 -0400
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:54:00PM -0700, Christopher McCrory wrote:
> Hello...
>
> On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 14:32 -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> > Sorry, hate to ask this, but one of my DLE's has outgrown the
> > tape drive
>
> You might also try split/span
>
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Splitting_dumps_across_tapes

I totally agree, but I'm trying not to invest too much in a
Solaris 9 but that I'm about to move the applications off of.
If the compile on a back version of the OS was a little easier
I wouldn't have to fool amdump into finding gtar...

We sort of pained ourselves into a corner, didn't we.

> >  and I want to divide it into multiple TAR-DLE entries
> > but I'm having trouble finding an installable version of gtar
> > that is a correct version for Amanda and my OS.
> >
> > I'm running Solaris 9 and believe that I should use one of
> > gtar  1.13.19, 1.13.25, 1.15.1 per
> >
> > http://www.amanda.org/docs/faq.html#id347035
> >
> > Unfortunately the box is being a FW, and the replacement system
> > with the new (much larger) tape is not online yet.
> >
> >                                             thank you,
> >
> >                                             Brian
> >
> > ---
> >    Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org
> >    Computer Systems Support        (v) 518 486-1697
> >    Wadsworth Center                (f) 518 473-6384
> >    NYS Department of Health        Help Desk 518 473-0773
> >
> --
> Christopher McCrory
>  "The guy that keeps the servers running"
>
> To the optimist, the glass is half full.
> To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
> To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org