Amanda-Users

Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps

2004-01-20 12:02:44
Subject: Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps
From: Steve Manuel <smanuel AT fanbuzz DOT com>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:59:25 -0600
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 11:23:23PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
<snip>
> SM> Also, *is* this neccessary for incremental dumps?
>
> Short answer: yes.
>
> SM> Now, this assumes that setting "record" to yes works. I'll know by
> SM> tommorow.
>
> You don't have to SET "record yes". Just REMOVE "record no" and enjoy the
> usage of the default value "yes".
>
> We are looking forward to the results.

Well, the results are in and it works WONDERFULLY. I saved enough
tape on the very first run to used one less tape which is just great.
Stefan, Jon, Jay, Tobias: I'm gratefull for all the help!

Stefan, Are you going to make the doc changes to the example config
file? (and maybe the man page?) I believe it will help.

Again, thanks for you help.

--
Steve Manuel
System Administrator