Amanda-Users

Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps

2004-01-15 12:37:39
Subject: Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:36:16 +0100
Hi, Steve,

on 15. Jänner 2004 at 18:17 you wrote to amanda-users:

SM> Amanda has been working great for me except for a problem that I can't
SM> figure out. When I look through the report for the previous nightly
SM> backup I noticed that all my level 1 backups were the approximately
SM> the same size as the level 0 backups. I've scoured the man pages,
SM> google, and FS options to determine why level 1's don't work
SM> correctly. Nothing.

Most of the people that frequently try to help amanda-users donŽt have
the ability to read config-files by just concentrating on
email-adresses.

:)

Let us know the following:

- AMANDA-release
- OS-version
- Do you use GNUtar or DUMP for the DLE? (very hot candidate)
- Which fs on the DLE?

and, pretty important,

- amanda.conf (tapedev, dumptypes for the DLE ...)
- disklist (at least the DLE that does not work out that well ...)

We will be able to help you much better with those details ;)

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger