Amanda-Users

Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps

2004-01-17 14:04:51
Subject: Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:03:39 -0500
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:35:28PM -0600, Steve Manuel wrote:

> Sure, I'll do that and let the list know. For the record (no pun
> intended), where in the docs does is say that GNUtar need the
> parameter "record" set to yes? I assumed it was only for DUMP? Where I
> got that assumption I don't remember. However, if this works maybe
> this should be more explicitly stated?

>From "man amanda"

     record "boolean"
          Default:  yes.  Whether to ask the  backup  program  to
          update  its  database  (e.g.  /etc/dumpdates)  of  time
          stamps.  This is normally enabled for daily backups and
          turned off for periodic archival runs.

It would be tough to list the database name for every
dump program out there (dump, ufsdump, xfsdump, ...).
So it says "e.g." (such as), not exclusively or limited to.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)