Amanda-Users

Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps

2004-01-17 13:38:42
Subject: Re: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps
From: Steve Manuel <smanuel AT fanbuzz DOT com>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:35:28 -0600
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 08:54:17AM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
<snip>
> Which version? Has to be 1.13.25 -- nothing older, and nothing
> newer.

[root@reports root]# rpm -qa tar
tar-1.13.25-4.7.1

> >> - Which fs on the DLE?
> SM> Not sure I understand what you're looking for..
>
> Which filesystem do you use on the directories you try to backup?
>
> Ext2, ext3, reiser, ....?
ext3

<snip>
> I am not sure but I assume you should set this to yes:
>
> > define dumptype global {
> >     comment "Global definitions"
> >     index yes
> >     record no <------------------------------- ???
> >     program "GNUTAR"
> >     compress client fast
> > }
>
> Set this to yes (or remove the line) and try again.
> I am not sure if this is important for GNUtar but please try.

Sure, I'll do that and let the list know. For the record (no pun
intended), where in the docs does is say that GNUtar need the
parameter "record" set to yes? I assumed it was only for DUMP? Where I
got that assumption I don't remember. However, if this works maybe
this should be more explicitly stated?
--
Steve Manuel
System Administrator