Amanda-Users

Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps

2004-01-15 12:18:15
Subject: Level 1 dumps acting like level 0 dumps
From: Steve Manuel <smanuel AT fanbuzz DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:17:02 -0600
Amanda has been working great for me except for a problem that I can't
figure out. When I look through the report for the previous nightly
backup I noticed that all my level 1 backups were the approximately
the same size as the level 0 backups. I've scoured the man pages,
google, and FS options to determine why level 1's don't work
correctly. Nothing.

As you can imagine, level 0 dumps every night take up alot of tape and
I'm running out very quickly. This also is causeing Amanda to skip
some full dumps because its running out of tape. Is this a file system
problem (ctimes changing). I can't figure it out. Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks.

--
Steve Manuel
System Administrator