Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues

2010-05-24 18:14:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues
From: Sven Hartge <sven AT svenhartge DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 23:52:08 +0200
On 24.05.2010 22:31, skipunk wrote:

> What would it take to clear up the network bottleneck.  I was looking
> at another server that came with our gaming system. Same server
> (memory, hd, etc) and tape library, running on win2k3 and netbackup
> with no issues. The only difference is, it's running 4 nic's. So it's
> leaving me a bit baffled that the only real difference is OS and 2
> more nics and my system is experiencing a bottle neck.

You do know under Linux attaching more than one NIC to a LAN does not
increase the throughput, do you?

You have to use bonding in either 802.3ad- or ALB-mode to achieve this.
The first one uses LACP and needs a switch which is specially configured
while the last one does not need any configuration in the switch, you
can even connect both NICs to different switches, as long as the (V)LAN
you connect your server to is available on both.

Grüße,
Sven.