Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues

2010-05-25 02:29:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:27:13 +0200
skipunk schrieb:

> I am aware that more nic's do not increase throughput. Basically a
> backup server has to be in place tonight and I really don't want to
> start from scratch and now reaching for anything that will resolve
> the issue within the next few hours.

1. test the lto drive with tar/dd. I think you already did that and
the performance was ok.

2. test the I/O throughput of your data server, the server that you
want to backup. Use a tool like bonnie++, tiobench...

3. test the network performance between your data server (file daemon)
and your bacula-sd server with tools like netperf, netio...

Nothing right now sounds like a bacula problem, you have first to find
the bottleneck, which could be the network or somthing else.

Ralf