Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues

2010-05-25 19:58:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues
From: skipunk <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:55:38 -0400
I ended up working myself into the ground getting the backup system going and
missed part of the day today.  Tonight everythign is going to run as is limping
along until I can find the issue.

Morty:

My core switch is HP Procurve 5412 which is managed. The ports are set to auto
and the two nic's on the server are gigabit. I'll run the tests with the tools
you have mentioned.  Some of these I've never used before so its a learn as I
go approach.

James:

The nic's in the server are Broadcom's netextreme II's. I would assume that
they would support checksum offload and large tcp packet offload, but I really
I'm not sure.

Ralf:

The local dd and local bacula to tape was good, avg 112 Mb/s.

By testing the performance between the data server and bacula-sd, I'm assuming
your refering to the server I'm backing up from to my backup server. I'll give
the tools you mentioned a try and see where it takes me.

Thomas:

Your right, your setting is close to mine. I would run 1 backup at a time if I
could pull the speeds that I get from a local backup, so currently I'll be
pushing more backup's at once until I can find the issues causing this.

The tools from Dell you had mentioned is one I had come across and was
pondering.  I'll give it a whirl.