Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] feature request for better support of vacation/holiday scheduling

2010-05-12 06:07:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] feature request for better support of vacation/holiday scheduling
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, olaf AT artefact DOT nl
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:05:21 +0200
Hello,

Although it would be useful to have vacation schedules directly in Bacula,
your Feature Request doesn't explain in a way that can be implemented what
you really want as there is no common definition of what a holiday/vacation
and you do not specify how this should be handled.

In addition, we already have a Feature Request #2 in the projects file that
would add significant additional functionality to schedules.

For the moment, I am not accepting your Feature Request for inclusion in the
project files for the above two reasons.  What I suggest is that you take a
look at the current project item #2 and see if you can make some specific
changes (possibly with examples) that would permit doing what you want in a
simple and easy way, then submit a "modification" or "enhancement" to item
#2.

Best regards,

Kern