Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1

2008-01-14 09:54:13
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:47:09 -0500
On Jan 14, 2008 3:53 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> wrote:
> PS, from the amverify run I do after the backup run:

amverify is deprecated -- please use amcheckdump.

>  driver: FATAL event_register: Invalid file descriptor 4294967295

That's probably not a maxfilesize problem.  That's the "unsigned"
32-bit representation of -1, which suggests that someone is passing
around an invalid file descriptor somewhere -- definitely a bug.  Can
you sniff out and send the debug logs from that flush?

I think there are a number of problems piling onto one another here,
which is going to make debugging difficult if not impossible.  Can you
try to reduce the complexity a little bit -- maybe limit to one
(smallish) DLE, and don't run a flush?

Also, it would be great if you (and others!) could run the
installchecks on your system.  See
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Testing#Running_Installcheck_without_Root
please send any failures along in a separate thread.  When we get to
the bottom of the "Invalid file descriptor" problem, I'll try to
invent a new check to replicate it.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer