Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1

2008-01-14 15:27:32
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:23:05 -0500
Whoops, I meant to send this to the list, too.

On Jan 14, 2008 2:59 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> wrote:
> And note that the fedora 8 repo's have no clue about this added perl stuffs,
> it must be obtained from cpan by the rather lengthy procedure I used &
> partially logged here AFAIK.  This should be an F8 dependency since some will
> INSIST on using the *&%#$) and dated rpms.  Maybe better yet, to the
> configure stage checks & make some noise & bail out if its not there?  The
> current way was a multi-piece puzzle for sure. :-)

A little digging on one of our Fedora boxes shows that it's in perl-Test-Simple:
  [dustin@buildbot-f7 ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Test/More.pm
  perl-Test-Simple-0.62-23.fc7
I just added that to the wiki.

> >Again, it's not using your config.  In this case, it's creating a
> >temporary file in $AMANDA_TMPDIR, which you can see with 'amgetconf
> >build.AMANDA_TMPDIR'.  'amanda' should have permission to create files
> >there.
>
> That would be, for the current Daily amanda.conf, /tmp/amanda and the perms
> should have been fine, but I've NDI about the installcheck location.

AMANDA_TMPDIR is a build-time constant, so it doesn't matter which
configuration you're using.  I neglected to remove the file after the
checks were done, so that file already existed, owned by you, when you
tried to run the checks as 'amanda'.  Result: permissions error.  I'm
adding it to my list of tweaks to the installchecks.

> Thanks Dustin, it looks as if I can run my catchup script now.

Great!

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer