Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1

2008-01-15 12:51:47
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery and amanda-2.6.0b1
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:44:53 -0500
On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Ian Turner wrote:
>On Monday 14 January 2008 14:42:44 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> That test run was successfull, but I had to consult my scripts log to see
>> if amcheckdump was actually ran, which it did.  I'm used to getting an
>> email from it and did not.  Does it send one if it fails?
>
>Amcheckdump does not send any e-mail; errors are printed to standard output.
>Additionally, if no changer is configured, amcheckdump will prompt for new
>tapes interactively.
>
>Cheers,
>
>--Ian

Well, its sorta working.  The runtar*debug still says its the older runtar, I
think because that path spec is still the older one, and it will all die if I
change that one.  Since I changed the path to include amcheckdump, its
apparently working too, its messages do make it to my log.  An email would be
nicer though :)

I'll put the new version of runtar over the old one, probably the best I can
do since that invocation is not part of my script, but is invoked by amdump
itself.

It is pretty much caught up, doing about 5.5GB backups and with a larger drive
I can reduce the dumpcycle a day, so while I'm fiddling today I'll probably
do that too.

Thanks Ian.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
In Tennessee, it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a
moving automobile.