Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-10 17:49:41
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:44:21 +0100
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 21:40, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:16:22PM +0100, Anne Wilson enlightened us:
> > > And there is the likely culprit, exclude "file" vs. exclude "list".
> > >
> > > I.e. you are excluding any file matching the single pattern
> > > "amanda.exclude".
> > >
> > > What you want is to exclude any file matching any pattern
> > > in the "list of patterns" in amanda.exclude.
> >
> > So I need to replace the line 'exclude file "amanda.exclude"' with
> >
> > exclude list "amanda.exclude"?  OK - I'll try that.  If it works it
> > should get me where I wanted to be.
>
> Exactly. I even do
>
> exclude list optional ".amanda.exclude"
>
> so if I don't need to exclude anything from a DLE, I don't have to create
> the empty file.
>
> > I'd still like to understand, though, why it thought there was not enough
> > room.  I would have thought that there was plenty, even for a full
> > backup?
>
> Even though there's space on the disk, how big are your vtapes set to be?
> I'm guessing less than your directory size.

The vtapes are set to 4GB, so that they will fit onto a DVD.  Earlier I
managed two or three complete backups, so they were spanning the vtapes.  I
wonder if I have accidentally changed a setting that's interfering with the
spanning?

It's late now, but I'll look for that in the morning.  I'll go through the man
pages again, to see what I need to look for.  In the meantime, if you have
any more ideas, I'd be glad of them.  Thanks for the help so far.

Anne