Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-10 16:46:21
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:40:06 -0400
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:16:22PM +0100, Anne Wilson enlightened us:
> > And there is the likely culprit, exclude "file" vs. exclude "list".
> >
> > I.e. you are excluding any file matching the single pattern
> > "amanda.exclude".
> >
> > What you want is to exclude any file matching any pattern
> > in the "list of patterns" in amanda.exclude.
>
> So I need to replace the line 'exclude file "amanda.exclude"' with
>
> exclude list "amanda.exclude"?  OK - I'll try that.  If it works it should
> get
> me where I wanted to be.

Exactly. I even do

exclude list optional ".amanda.exclude"

so if I don't need to exclude anything from a DLE, I don't have to create
the empty file.

> I'd still like to understand, though, why it thought there was not enough
> room.  I would have thought that there was plenty, even for a full backup?

Even though there's space on the disk, how big are your vtapes set to be?
I'm guessing less than your directory size.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics